Admission decisions are determined by review of applicants' transcripts, letters of recommendation, undergraduate research, and strength of chemistry/biochemistry undergraduate background (including general, analytical, inorganic, organic, and physical chemistry courses; mathematics through calculus; and college level physics). Although applications are accepted throughout the year, most offers are made during the spring for the fall semester.
- The General GRE score report is required for all applicants.
- The GRE subject test in Chemistry or Biochemistry is strongly recommended for all students and required for international students.
- All international students must show English proficiency by taking the IELTS or the iBT form of the TOEFL and providing a score report. Please note: only the iBT form of the TOEFL is now accepted.
- Review of application begins in January and continues until our class is full. Priority is given to early applicants.
- Applicants are notified about acceptence and financial awards well before April 15 if their complete applications are in our office by February 15. Applications received after February 15 are still eligible for acceptance if space is available.
- Creativity Awards and Presidential Scholarships are available for highly qualified candidates. No special application is necessary for one of these awards; they are made at the discretion of the Graduate Admissions Committee and the Division of Graduate Education.
- Graduate Online Application